Shoppers, liners and trash bags
When looking to lower the cost and thickness of your high-density polyethylene (HDPE) shopping and garbage bag films without compromising strength, consider performance polymers. In HDPE resin formulations, the addition of performance polymers can improve dart impact resistance for downgauging opportunities.
Applications and benefits
- Filler dosages to increase, helping to reduce cost
- The creation of thinner but stronger films
- Excellent load-bearing capacity for thinner films (5 percent performance polymer, may allow 20 to 25 percent downgauging)
- Higher filler loading in HDPE resin formulations while maintaining film toughness and lowering costs
- Optimization of HDPE resin/filler/recycle ratio for enhanced modulus-toughness balance
High-density polyethylene (HDPE) resins are well suited for a range of blow, injection, and rotational molding applications like IBCs and storage tanks; crates and pallets; pails and lids; automotive components; bottles and caps; toys and water sports equipment. Additionally, HDPE resins are utilized in extrusion film applications such as grocery, garbage and deep-freezer bags (10 to 25 microns).