The building and construction industry needs to balance a number of trends, including higher performance, increased durability, improved safety, better aesthetics, reduced maintenance, greater energy efficiency, reduced material use and waste, and lower costs.
To meet this challenge we developed diisononyl phthalates (DINP), which offer the balance of processability and performance for a range of wall-covering applications. By creating opportunities for cost savings and improved performance of wall-covering products, DINP is a cost-effective substitute for dioctyl phthalate (DOP) in many flexible PVC applications.
Applications and benefits compared to DOP
- Significant cost savings (lower plasticizer density)
- Increased plasticizer retention (lower volatility)
- Reduced costs (more stable viscosity)
- Better product performance (lower soapy water extraction)
- Improved product quality consistency (lower migration)
- Meets China’s Green Label wall-covering standard (HJ 2502-2010)
Jayflex™ plasticizers for advantaged performance
Jayflex™ DINP and DIDP are diesters with a chemical structure providing an optimum balance between polar and nonpolar groups. Key characteristics of the plasticizer are very slow diffusion and outstanding permanence derived from two high-molecular-weight branched alcohol chains.