Pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSA)
Pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSA) based on Escorez™ tackifying resins are capable of holding materials together by instantaneous low-pressure surface contact. Most commonly, a PSA is based on selected elastomers that are modified to enhance tackifying and wetting properties.
These products require no activation by water, solvent or heat to exert a strong holding force on varied materials that include paper, plastic, wood, cement and metal. They have enough cohesive holding power and elasticity so they can be handled and removed from surfaces without leaving a residue.
Applications and benefits
Used for both hot-melt and solvent-based technologies, Escorez tackifying resins increase the initial tack and long-term adhesion of pressure-sensitive tapes. These resins are compatible with styrene butadiene rubbers, butyl rubber, styrenic block copolymers, polybutenes, low-density polyethylene and atactic polypropylene.
In hot-melt pressure-sensitive adhesive applications, Escorez tackifiers contribute to:
- Lower raw material use than solvent- and water-based technologies
- Higher machine output
- Low coating weights
Tape manufacturers use Escorez™ 1000 and 2000 tackifiers to achieve:
- Strong hold even on difficult surfaces such as polyethylene
- Thermal stability even at low temperatures
- Light color and long-lasting clarity for good appearance
- Consistent viscosity for increased production on automatic and semi-automatic box-closing machines
Common pressure-sensitive products using Escorez tackifiers include:
- Packaging tapes
- Masking and paper tapes
- Tapes for hygiene applications
- Double-sided tapes
- Cloth and duct tapes
- Heavy-duty and reinforced tapes
- Electrical tapes
Designed for your label applications, Escorez tackifying resins provide substantial tack even on difficult materials like nonpolar polyolefinic substrates; rubber articles; rough, fatty or dusty surfaces; and cold, humid substrates.
Escorez resins exhibit excellent compatibility with a range of polymers, including ethylene vinyl acetate, styrenic block copolymers (SIS, SBS, SEBS), metallocene polyolefins and polyalphaolefins. They are also a good alternative to water-based acrylic products by offering superior initial tack.
In hot-melt production, Escorez tackifiers:
- Facilitate fast pickup on label machines
- Provide humidity resistance and thermal durability even in low temperatures
- Coat surfaces quickly and easily
Our Escorez 1000, 2000 and 5000 Series resins can be used for labels in:
- Food and retail
- Office products
- Logistics and transportation
- Health and beauty
- Chemical and pharmaceutical products
- Mailer/document pockets
- Automotive, construction and other durable items